During the semester you will be assigned a total of 7 short writing
worth 10 points each. Together, these assignments count for a
of 20% of your final grade.
Click Here to get to Assignment List at Bottom
Late papers will not be accepted without a university approved
you were deathly ill on the date the paper was due and could not turn
in on time. In such a case, a doctor's note would be helpful).
The topic for each assignment will be
to concepts and material discussed in class that week.
Each assignment should consist of no more than 1 page of
preferably, no less than half a page of written text
Assignments will be submitted via Moodle. Handwritten or emailed papers will not be accepted
6 points for content
- Have you stated the purpose, problem, or question to be
- Are the statements made in the body of the paper warranted (are
logical or warranted given the evidence or your line of reasoning)?
- Are the points presented in your paper internally consistent
one point follow from another)?
- Is your discussion of the topic easy to follow and well
- Do you demonstrate an understanding of the topic being
relationship to the lecture material discussed in class?
4 points for form
- Appropriate use of words (i.e., do you use words incorrectly,
- Paragraph form (i.e., are your ideas are presented in coherent
- Does your paper appear to have been proofread
This page is designed and maintained by Cindy